Re: How to encrypt email addresses on html file - off topic reply - sorta...

* Jason Robinson wrote:
>I thought that you may be interested to know that some web browser
>components (if not all) can be somewhat decompiled and incorperated into
>larger software applications.  Using BCB C++ for example I am able to import
>the components made for Internet Explorer directly from type libraries for
>use in my BCB C++ with a dynamic CLSID call.  I would also assume that VB C#
>users have the same if not more advanced abilities then that of what I do.

Using http://search.cpan.org/dist/Win32-IE-Mechanize/ and similar tool-
kits it is indeed trivial to write robots that support JavaScript and
other methods that attempt to obfuscate e-mail addresses. Whether this
is used by people who attempt to harvest for addresses is a different
question though. But in general I do not really understand why people
try all sorts of tricks to get less spam, > 99% of the spam I get gets
filtered out automatically, it thus does not matter much whether I get
100 or 2000 spam mails every day...