Re: html tidy bug solutions

tidy-develop@lists.sourceforge.net see
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=27659

>For example this simple input:

>Causes the italics to be dropped after the word 'How'

Well, the example is not simple at all, it is horribly broken and Tidy
attempts to make some guesses with respect what could be meant here.
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=27659&atid=390963 lists a
number of "bugs" in this regard, including this particular "problem".
The problem here is, that what could be meant depends on how someone
uses Tidy, if you just want to make the document less broken and retain
the rendering of the document, Tidy would need to emulate common browser
behavior, if you use Tidy from within an HTML editor to fix some typos,
you would probably desire different behavior. So, any fix for these bugs
would need to take this into account, retain the current behavior and
provide a sane new configuration option that controls different behavior
at user option.