Re: Formatting ASP.NET code

I'm sort of trying to get around the limitations of ASP.NET 1.1 or to be
more precise the limitations of VS.NET 2003 and it's insane HTML
formatting features..

I've allready made a number of web applications that are XHTML compliant
with asp.net, but the fact that it completely destroys your beautifull
html formatting if you happen to wonder into the HTML design view, just
kills me.

So, this is why I'm looking into using HTML Tidy to save the day :)

The --aspnet tag sounds like a good idea, but I still would prefer
having a wildcard matching feature in the new-xxx-tag part: If it had
wilcard matching, it could be used with other languages as well (eg.
php*, something*, newlang* ..).

About the other problem I was having: I have a page with <asp:> tag
inside the head and title part of the page:

<title><asp:literal ...

When I tidy this, it is moved into the body part and the head part is
left with and empty <title></title>. Any idea why this happends?

As far as VS.NET 2005 goes (the Express edition you we're referring to):
I've allready tried it out and it's wonderfull, but the reality is that
it's still a beta product and you can't run any stuff you write with
that live (it says so in the licence). So, until VS.NET 2005 comes out -
all VS.NET users are stuck with the bug riddled 2003 version.