Re: Formatting ASP.NET code

ASP.NET's controls are all written for HTML 4 so don't translate them
into XHTML just yet, I'm pretty sure that'd come back to bite you in
the ass.  ASP.NET 2.0 is written to use XHTML 1.1, you can get a free
beta from the MSDN Express website.

The <asp:*> controls won't be recognised and afaik there currently
isn't a way to get around that.  Reading wild cards would probably
slow things down a lot, a better solution would be to:

make a --aspnet switch (or whatever) that makes it recognize all the
asp:* tag names.  assuming the parser won't complain about the : in
the tag, a patch for this could be easy...

read in the Register tags to see what user controls are allowed.  <%@
Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="WebUserControl" %>, make it
recognize <uc1:WebUserControl>.  This will be a bit more complex.