Re: a question about table/form nesting

Hello Hai,

Assuming you have a recent version of Tidy, the basic problem is that the
page is mixing form and table elements in unsafe ways.  It is not unusual
for inexperienced web developers to do this kind of thing, however.

If you cannot update the page, try the --force-output option to force Tidy
to do the best it can.  There are no guarantees that the results will be
what you want.  It may or may not be better than the original.  I tried
your example, and Tidy seems to do OK with it.

If you can update the page, move the <form> and </form> tags to just before
and just after the the <table> and </table> tags, respectively.  E.g.

<form>
<input type=submit ... >
</form>

If you need several forms within a single layout table, use nested tables
and put the entire form within a single cell.  If necessary, you can merge
cells in the outer table using rowspan and colspan.

take it easy,
Charlie

P.S. This is one for the FAQ