Re: Error: missing quote mark for attribute value

* Marco Zuiderwijk wrote:
>I have an HTML file which contains object parameters containing XML
>(example:
><PARAM NAME="Address" VALUE='<address
>file to XHTML I got the error "missing quote mark for attribute value on the
>line containing the XML parameter.

Tidy counts the number of newlines, < and > characters in attribute
values and reports the mentioned error if the value includes a `<`,
the number of [\n<>] is greater than 10 and the user didn't specify
`--literal-attributes yes`. This is done to detect improperly quoted
attributes.

>I have tried several options, but cannot
>get it right. Does anybody know how to handle this?

Use `--force-output yes` or `--literal-attributes yes`.