Re: Spammers

On 31 Mar 2003 at 16:03, Jany Quintard wrote:

> * Fred Bone [Mon, 31/03/2003 at 14:50 +0100]
> > On 31 Mar 2003 at 13:31, Jany Quintard wrote:
> >

> > > Is it me or are we really the targets of spammers?
> > > Is it possible to stop this?
> >
> > The list is open, i.e. anyone can send to it.
> >
> > I am sending a complaint to yahoo.com - I have had 21 of these
> > messages so far. They all seem to be advertising websites on
> > geocities.com
> >
> > If we all complain, maybe they'll take action.
> Good idea. To which address will you send your mail ?

 abuse@yahoo.com

I originally sent a covering note with one of the spams as an
attachment. I got a reply saying the full headers were not there
(they were, of course: I checked) and they cannot receive
attachments.

I resent the complaint, with the entire message (including headers)
cut-and-pasted in. They haven't bothered to reply.

[Apologies for slow response: Pipex mail servers had a problem]

I had another bunch just now and will be complaining about *all* of
those.