Re: [Tidy-dev] What are typical file extensions for X(HT)ML documents?

Hi Terry,

There are some XML variants:

.xsl            XSL Stylesheet
.xslt           XSL Transform
.xsd            XML Schema

I am sure there are others.  Although, I might avoid generic XML by
default.  As you know, Tidy isn't 100% whitespace safe for those XML
variants that demand it.

I handle this problem by keeping different types of files in separate
directories.  E.g. I don't mix executables and markup files.  Also, I use
consistent files extensions on markup files: either .xml/.xsl/.xsd or
.html.  I bulk Tidy only .html files.  Sometimes I tidy XML files for
readability, but I usually throw away the result for the reason above.

hth,
Charlie