Re: Break tags in paragraphs.

* Lee Passey wrote:

*Please* never ever cross-post between html-tidy@w3.org and
tidy-develop@lists.sf.net.

>A popular OCR program is ABBYY FineReader, which can save its output as
>HTML.  Unfortunately, it has the bad habit of adding a <br /> tag to the
>end of every paragraph, e.g.:

>This additional <br /> tag doesn't seem to have any effect on the
>presentation in any of the User Agents I have tested it with.

Most of the time it does not, yes.

>May I modify the Tidy core code to drop the <br /> tag when it appears
>at the end of a paragraph?

We have a feature request by Claus Färber for this and other <br>
related issues, see

  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=611171&group_id=27659&atid=390966

enough, we can remove it at the end of all block level elements and
should, as Claus proposes, move them outside inline elements if they
occur just before the closing tag of the inline element.

So, in general I agree with removing <br />s at such places, but I'd
like to see a better thought out solution than just this <p><br> special
case.

Please follow up to tidy-develop@lists.sf.net only!

regards.