Re: Break tags in paragraphs.

* Dave Raggett wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>
>> So, in general I agree with removing <br />s at such places, but I'd
>> like to see a better thought out solution than just this <p><br> special
>> case.
>
>One specific case where it would be inappropriate would be where
>the br element includes the clear attribute.

This raises the question whether Tidy should remove it at all, since an
associated style sheet may specify the 'clear' behaivour. What about
warning about occurences of <br> at such places in general and
automatically remove them if they don't have a class or id attribute or
the clear attriubte has a different value than "none"?

>In the clean option, this could be mapped to the corresponding
>CSS property on the p element.

Agreed with the same reservation as above.