Re: Missing blank in a text node after validation using JTIDY

 I m also having similar type of problem. Consider the html below
when this html is converted using tidy into xml. XML after conversion is given below:

When this xml is opened in Internet Explorer 5.0. The following error comes.
error: cannot identify &nbsp; between <p>.
Does anyone know what is the problem..
waiting for your reply.
thanks.
Khurram
  Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote: * Nicolas Martin wrote:
>I am new in this list and i use JTidy API (the java version of tidy). I noticed
>a bug, and i don't know if someone got the same problem. When for instance
>i have the following HTML code :

> This is a
> text
>

> test 3
> test 2

Latest HTML Tidy (http://tidy.sf.net) will give you

This is a text
test 3
test 2

>My problem is that inside the seconde node the text
>start with a blank which disappear after the validation.
>
>If anyone know how i could fix the pb..?

You are strongly encouraged to avoid leading and trailing white space in
inline elements. Anyway, Tidy's behaivour should only cause problems, if
your second font element (you are strongly encouraged to avoid font
elements at all, by the way) has a right-to-left directionality (as I've
noted before...) Why is Tidy's behaivour a problem to you?

regards,