Re: help pls..

At 12:08 AM -0500 2/7/02, Sam Tupas  Alhambra wrote:
>i just downloaded ur program..i want to do some modifications to your
>program..but wen ever i compile it..so many errors comes..how do i deal
>with it..which program .c should i compile..how do i create the tidy.exe
>
>pls..help me..i really wnt to do some things in your program..like
>enhancment on the xml..and stuff..but how can i test it if i cant run it..
>
>and caan u send me the algorithm or pseudocode of the program..

I understand that English may not be your first/native language, but you
need to give us a bit more specific information before we can really help
you - like what hardware, operating system, and compiler you are using.
Then what version of the source are you using - did you get the latest from
CVS, or download the source archive from <http://tidy.sourceforge.net>?

If I had to take a guess, you want to build a Windows binary executable of
Tidy - I don't know if this is possible with JUST the source you download -
you probably need a specific build script, Makefile, or project file for
your development environment. I can build the Win32 binary using the
Metrowerks CodeWarrior cross-development tools on my platform, but the CW
project file is not part of the standard release.

You may wish to join the "tidy-develop" mailing list (details on the Tidy
project web page), and move any development related questions to that list,
where you may be better served.

As for "algorithm or pseudocode" - apart from some comments in the original
Tidy HTML documentation about what the various source files are used for
(their names are fairly self-explanatory), I believe the only documentation
for the code, is the code itself - I can't claim to understand all the code
either, so if you decide to document what you learn from the code, it would
be welcomed by others.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry Teague