Re: [Tidy-dev] Re: JTidy update

At 12:14 PM -0500 2/5/02, Charles Reitzel wrote:
>Applying the 80/20 rule, you'd get a lot of mileage by just re-using the test input, config and output files.  These are all available by anonymous CVS.
>
>I'd go further, It would benefit all of us to keep a single test case repository.  If anyone on the JTidy crew wants to add to the test cases, let us know.  Worst case, just send the files to tidy-develop list and I'll drop 'em in.  Ongoing, I don't see a problem adding you guys as committers.

Can you explain how the tests work? It looks as though you are passing the input files through Tidy and comparing them to something, but there are not nearly as many output files as input files...

A further complication is that JTidy does not simply correct input files. It also outputs an XML DOM - and the tests need to verify that as well.  I don't see how the Tidy tests do that.
Russell Gold                     | "... society is tradition and order
russgold@acm.org                 | and reverence, not a series of cheap
http://www.httpunit.org          |   - Poul Anderson, "Iron"