Re: Tidy changes all   into ? in my document. :-(

F> Dear all
F> I find a problem with Tidy. Each time when I use Tidy to clean up the
F> codes of my document, save the document and open it again, I find there
F> are lots of "?" characters. I have had a hard time in locating the
F> problem, only to find that this is because Tidy converts all '&nbsp;'
F> into '?'. If a '&nbsp' is adjacent to a tag, Tidy will also trim the
F> tag. So I find lots of ?br> or ?p>.

yes, it puts a octal 240 =  0xA0 into the file which then combines
with neighboring characters to be seen as an invalid chinese
character...

i want to make sure tidy won't put any 0xA0...0xFF into my files on
its own.  see my message regarding "240" in the archives.
--
http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/ Taiwan(04)25854780 ¿n¤¦¥§