HTML Tidy (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:18:38 +0000
From: Toby Bailey <tnb@btconnect.com>
To: dsr@w3.org
Subject: HTML Tidy

Hi,

I just started using HTML Tidy as part of 1st page 2000 - nice to find some
web-authoring software for grown-ups.

I am confused by the following:  HTML tidy tidies the following line

onclick="openWin('http://www.blah.com'); return false">

(which I use to throw up blah.com in a separate window using a separate
JavaScript function)  by REMOVING THE SINGLE INVERTED COMMAS.

The resulting tidied code causes an error when previewing it in 1st
Page2000 (although it seems to work in browsers I have tried).  I thought
the single inverted commas here were at least desirable.

I'd be grateful if you have time to comment on this.

Thanks,
Toby Bailey