Re: Few Question about HTML Tidy

At 6:42 AM -0500 12/19/01, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>Will there ever be a real tar file created for some recent set of tidy

Definitely when an actual release of the current code is made - we are not
in that position yet.

I was in the process of automating nightly builds and uploads of tarballs
when my access to the SF compile farm got corrupted. I have since got my
access back, but I have been too busy (and there were a couple of problems
automating the uploads I hadn't resolved) to do any more work on this.

>changes?  Having access only to a cvs repository is really a nuisance when
>what one really wants is to build the code - downloading each individual
>piece because one can't get to cvs (firewalls, whatever) means an myriad
>of places for things to go wrong.

I don't find it a nuisance, and you should be able to get the whole thing
with a single CVS command. I personally use a GUI based CVS tool, and it
works great for me.

But to prove that it can be done with a single CVS command, I have copied
the command I used while automating the builds (I have left out stuff that
is not needed) :

cd tidy; cvs -d ':pserver:anonymous@cvs.tidy.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tidy'
update .

(note the period at the end - representing the current directory).

This was on the SF compile farm, using the "bash" shell, mostly on some
version of Linux. It assumes you have a directory called "tidy" in the
current directory.

If/when I get time, I will try to make another attempt to automate nightly
builds and uploads of tarballs.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry