Re: New Tidy?

At 8:44 PM +1300 12/20/03, Eric wrote:
>I think I asked this question the other day but never got a reply

Several possibilities could account for that :

1) I replied to the list, not to you directly - I assumed that all posters
to the list are also subscribers - if someone tells me that is a false
assumption, I will start replying to BOTH the poster and list. I personally
don't like receiving duplicate posts. I guess it depends on how smart the
listserv/mail  software is.

2) You are in a different time zone, far far away from the host for the
mailing list - there are likely some propagation delays, plus depending on
when you sleep...

3) The reliability of listserv servers, EMail, and the Internet in general
<grin>.

My comment would be wait at least 48 hours before saying no reply was received.

>IS THERE A NEW TIDY.EXE
>AN WERE DO YOU GET IT FROM.

I will repeat the answer I gave previously :

Depends on whether you want pre-built binaries for certain platforms, or if
you are capable of downloading the source and building it for yourself.

1) Pre-built binaries (betas, for some platforms) :

<http://tidy.sourceforge.net>

2) Source code (current, for all supported platforms) :

<http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=27659>

Hope this helps.

Regards, Terry