RE: Re: Ignoring tags in Jtidy (Developers/maintainers, please comment)

> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:51:47 -0500
> From: Hans Deragon <deragon@aqiii.org>
> To: Lee Passey <lee@dysfunctionals.org>
> CC: html-tidy@w3.org
> Subject: Ignoring tags in Jtidy (Developers/maintainers,
> please comment)
>
> Bingo!  You gave me a major clue.  I have added a new tag type:
>
>   new-ignored-tags
>
> and it works, at least in a body tag (I will generalize it later).
> None of the current tag definition did what I wanted.
>
> So, developers (maintainers of Jtidy, tidy, etc..), what do
> you think about
> adding this feature in the main tree?  Please provide me your
> comments.

My humble opinion is that Jtidy should just make unknown tags well
formed, as long as they have a namespace prefix associated with a
namespace declaration in a correct context within the document.

Another subject I am up against at this time is dealing with (X)HTML
fragments (see my fragments post).

Kindest regards,

Manos (not subscribed!)