Re: FW: Duplicate style attribute generated on a DIV tag that replaces a UL tag.

At 8:37 AM -0800 11/16/01, Michael Goldberg wrote:
>I am curious as to the process at this point.  It looks like the problem I
>reported is reproducible.  Will this be fixed in a future version?  Is this
>issue tracked in sourceforge?  Do I need to open an issue there or does
>someone else do it?

The process isn't very formal.

Pretty much when the Tidy project migrated to SourceForge in May of this
year, I went through all Emails and Dave Raggett's notes for Tidy, for at
least the past 18 months, and wrote up most of the bugs and feature
enhancements that appeared to be legitimate, hadn't already been fixed, and
in most cases I could personally reproduce bugs on my platform. I "caught
up to date" around the beginning of July - we then had about 100-150
bugs/feature requests to actually fix/implement. We fixed/implemented about
100 of them up until about September, when we felt we had enough to
actually release Tidy. Well of course that hasn't happened yet for a
variety of reasons, and we continue to track and fix bugs.

My intention was when the new version of Tidy had been released, that I
would go through the EMails etc again starting from July, and enter the
next batch of bug reports/feature requests.

What actually has happened is I and others have picked and chosen bugs from
the current EMails to enter as bug reports, and fixed some of them. Even if
I can reproduce a reported problem on my platform, I sometimes wait to hear
from others more knowledgable than myself to acknowledge a reported problem
as a bug, and get it entered.

If nothing else, I encourage users to write up their own bug reports (and
follow up!) in SourceForge.

So in your specific case, no the problem isn't currently being tracked in
SourceForge. If it were to be tracked, it would more than likely be fixed
in some future version.

Feel free to write up the problem in SourceForge.

Regards, Terry