Re: About HTML 4.01 Strict

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, J. David Bryan wrote:

> The correct CSS method is to use:
>
>   margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto

[snip]

> (This is a bit off-topic for the HTML Tidy list; excellent advice for CSS
> is available on the "comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets" USENET
> newsgroup.)

Whilst I can see that it might look off-topic it has always been one of
the few things I've disliked about Tidy that it takes my <div
align="center"> lines and turns them into a CSS text-align styles that
don't do the same thing for, for example, aligning tables.  [And I do
use CSS for everything that I (and enough browsers) can].

And I won't ask how to get access in a 21st century way to something as
pre-gopher as a usenet newsgroup...

Pete

--
Pete Tedder