On 2 Feb 2001, at 9:22, Bischoff, Alex wrote:

> PS Before visiting htmlhelp.com, I first tried to get the answer from the
> source (http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#edef-TD). However,
> (and maybe it's just me), I just couldn't understand their notation
> regarding which tags are legal within other tags. Could someone explain
> that, if it's not too complicated?

The snippet of SGML at the URL cited indicates that TD elements can contain
zero or more (denoted by the asterisk "occurrence indicator") flow
entities.  A flow entity is defined (click on the link to obtain the
definition) as either a block or an inline entity.  A block entity consists
of a number of alternate items, one of which is the form element.  So a
form element may be contained within a TD element.

                                      -- Dave