It's actually worse than that. <FORM> tags dont even belong (though are
tolerated) within a <TR> block. You should actually define it outside
the <TABLE>, except there is vertical whitespace inserted if  your
</FORM> is not inside the table. So the common workaround is

    <TABLE>
        <TR>
            <FORM>
                <TD> <input></TD>