RE: Validating other DTDs (i.e. XHTML 1.1)

Hi Zac,

I think you're on the right track w/ sp.  Any validating XML parser should
do the trick.  You may, however, need to do a bit of work to get the parser
to locate the DTD file based on the Formal Public Identifier (FPI) for XHTML
1.1.  The XHTML 1.1 spec includes an SGML CATALOG for this purpose.  As an
SGML parse, I'll bet a nickel that sp supports catalogs.

See
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xhtml11-20010531/xhtml11_dtd.html#a_xhtml11_ca
talog

You can probably download the dtd file and map the FPI to this local file.

If you're doing the validation in your own code, you can write an entity
resolver that returns the DTD when it sees the public ID of "-//W3C//DTD
XHTML 1.1//EN"

Hope this helps,
Charles Reitzel