Re: Tidy lib again Was: Thread safety & encodings support

Tin Le wrote:

> On Fri, 18 May 2001, Reitzel, Charlie wrote:
>
> > There has been some discussion of setting up a source forge project for Tidy
> > and refactoring it as a linked lib w/ a command line driver.   We have yet
> > to hear back from Dave Raggett or anyone else at the w3c about the idea.  I
> > think it is time to "just do it".

> As Gary said, there is already a JTidy project setup on Source Forge.
> It's the Java version, were you thinking of setting up a parallel one
> for the C version?
>
> It would be good to join in with the JTidy project and keep code forking
> from happening.

Along these lines, why set up a new project?  Why not just deprecate the C
version, and go forth with the Java version (since Java is supposed to be
write once run anywhere)?  Especially since they already have a source
force account and so forth already set up.

Just another $.02,
Kevin