Re: JTidy latest version

Greetings,

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 11:25:47PM -0700, Gary L Peskin wrote:

> I would definitely be interested in taking a very active role in
> maintaining the Java port of HTML tidy.  If you could provide the
> infrastructure, that would be great.

No problem at all. Would you require CVS access (a la SourceForge) or
is it enough if I act as a patch and release coordinator?

> I think we need to decide if we'd like JTidy to be a faithful
> reproduction of the official Tidy version, bugs and all, or if we'd like
> to repair bugs on our own, somehow coordinating with the official
> version.
>
> I vote for the faithful reproduction approach.

I second this. Does anyone (Mr. Raggett?) know how the versions were
synced in the past? Does the official release mechanism offer
changelogs that are detailed enough, or do the Java maintainers
perform diffs themselves?

> BTW, you might want to include a link to your email address on your web
> page so that others who visit the web page but missed your email to this
> list could give you the requested feedback.

Good idea. It's there now.

-Sami

--
lempinen@iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/lempinen/