Re: Unkown entities

From: "Denis Queffeulou" <denis.queffeulou@wokup.com>

> the HTML source contains entities like &#146; that refer to a Windows char
> set and when a get the string from the DOM that Tidy build, I get a ?
> instead of the character.

> In fact I understand that Tidy does not retreive the good char, but in this
> case  it should not replace it by ? (which cannot be interpreted later).
>
> So is there a configuration that tells Tidy not to replace undefined
> entities by ?

Is it a literal ? that is being inserted?  I know that with the fonts I
use for display, those non-standard characters display as ? .  Just curious
whether you've checked this aspect of things.

--
Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
Larry W. Virden <mailto:lvirden@cas.org> <URL: http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>