RE: TIDY for PHP3

I've been using TIDY (as a plug-in for HTML Kit
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/ ) to tidy up my PHP3 scripts for some time
now.  I've found that you get less managing if you use a

<script language="php">
</script>

tag for php elements that span more than one line

<? ?> can be used OK for simple element substitutions.

You're right though, it's still not perfect :-(

TIDY incorrectly mangles the following:

<A href="<? echo myUrl ?>Click Me</A>

<A href="&lt;? echo myUrl ?&gt;Click Me</A>

which breaks the PHP.

I also find it particularly annoying that TIDY re-indents <? ?> tags each
time you tidy a document, but leaves <script></script> blocks alone.

Richard Allsebrook
Webmaster - Easysoft Limited
http://www.easysoft.com <http://www.easysoft.com>
* No 3 the Embankments, Leeds LS1 4BJ, UK
*+44 0113 2220400