Re: Re[2]: [Fwd: My future of HTML position paper] - Navigation

On Wed, 13 May 1998, T. V. Raman wrote:

> I think your insight that every page uses some navigation
> and that therefore we may be better off having this as a
> core HTML primitive with its presentation specified via CSS
> is a very good idea.
>
> Having WWW pages express cross document navigation in a
> consistent way would enhance accessibility to a great extent
> since the user would then know where to expect standard
> controls.

And there is no reason why these navigation tags couldn't be
added via an XSL script applied to purely structural markup.
In other words, you define the navigation model as appropriate
to the client capabilities and apply it to the authored content
via a transformation.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)