RE: suggestion for xslt: xsl:attribute and xsl:element values

From: Kay, Michael <Michael.Kay@softwareag.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 12:57:56 +0100
To: Jörg Walter <ehrlich@ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de>, xsl-editors@w3.org
I'm sympathetic to this, but I want to resolve the current debate about how
we create typed elements and attributes before we leap into this. If we
decide that we need a construct to create an attribute whose type is (say) a
date, then the select="xxx" syntax may well be suitable for this. In the
usage you propose, it serves only to reduce the number of keystrokes, which
may still be worthwhile, but isn't as pressing a requirement.

Mike Kay

http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94