suggestion for xslt: xsl:attribute and xsl:element values

From: Jörg Walter <ehrlich@ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 15:02:05 -0500 (EST)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org

I have a small suggestion for XSLT, which I'd like to see in a new release.
After repeatedly writing stuff like:

<a><xsl:attribute name="href">
 <xsl:value-of select="some/thing"/>
Some text

I begin to miss the very convenient select="" attribute found on many other
elements, like xsl:param, xsl:variable, and so on. I think this would make a
very convenient addition to XSLT, enhancing readability as well as reducing
typing. Moreover, it looks more consistent to me having (optional) select=""
on every element which uses some kind of input.

PGP Public Key at http://ich.bin.kein.hoschi.de/~trouble/public_key.asc
PGP Key fingerprint = D34F 57C4 99D8 8F16 E16E  7779 CDDC 41A4 4C48 6F94