XSL PR - line-height.precedence problem

From: MURAKAMI Shinyu <murakami@nadita.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 16:33:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Dear XSL authors, please read my old comments:

- XSL FO: line-height and space-resolution rule

- XSL FO: letter-spacing and space-resolution

The recent XSL PR spec still have this problem.
Am I wrong?

A simple example:

<fo:block space-after="1cm">AAA</fo:block>

According to the current XSL spec, the space-after="1cm" must be
because the line-areas have space-before and space-after (= half-leading)
with .precedence="force" and the fo:block's non-forcing space-specifiers
are suppressed.

We need another default precedence value for line-height, letter-spacing
and word-spacing -- force but not suppress adjacent non-forcing spaces.

Shinyu Murakami
Antenna House XSL Formatter team