Re: What’s the uptake of FOP 2.1?

Hi Norm,

I dunno about the uptake of FOP 2.1 (yet), but can say for myself I
don't and won't use the old FOP any more. Given the choice I would
prefer to see FOP 2.x than 1.x in Calabash.

Any reason why not migrate? Any reasonable chance of XSL that works
okay under 1.x but not under 2.x? (Any reasonable chance of such XSL
that also can't be improved?)

Thanks for asking,
Wendell

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I upgraded the XML Calabash print module so that it supported FOP
> 2.1 *instead of* FOP 1.x, would that inconvenience anyone?
>
> (The APIs are quite different and even assuming I can get 2.1 working,
> I can’t see any easy way to support both from the same module. And I
> really don’t want to have a print-fop-1.x module and a print-fop-2.x
> module, though I suppose I could.)

> Norman Walsh
> Lead Engineer
> MarkLogic Corporation