Re: Non-primary port connection between non-contiguous steps

From: Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex <gerrit.imsieke@le-tex.de>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 13:25:50 +0200
To: xproc-dev@w3.org
Yves, you are not alone.
This context dependence of p:input/p:output element semantics was hard
for me to understand initially. Only after I had grasped it finally, I
saw that there was indeed a kind of caveat in the spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/#p.input
Then I thought for some time that the *declaration* and the *connection*
use of p:input should have been discerned by giving context-dependent
names to the elements (e.g., p:declare-input and p:connect-input).
I think it might facilitate things for new users. It will be interesting
to learn about the input/output naming discussions from the spec editors.

Gerrit

--
Gerrit Imsieke
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director

Geschäftsführer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vöckler