Re: Sending e-mails from a pipeline...

"David Lee" <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> Yes ... Windows Shops that only use Exchange.  Or atleast it used to be ...
> Exchange servers can be configured without SMTP access for domain users ...
> I remember long ago having to hand-write an MAPI protocol to be able to send
> mail ...
> (had to be authenticated too ... with a nasty question/response protocol ...
> NTLM I think.)

Oh. Yeah. I've had requests to support NTLM. I'd do it if I could
figure out how, but I've no particular interest in figuring out how.

I wonder how common it is for servers to provide no SMTP access. I've
installed lots and lots of software that needs to know what SMTP
server to use to send email, but I don't think I've ever installed a
piece of software that offered any other option for sending mail.

> But maybe it's reasonable to ignore those islands like we ignore pure IBM
> islands ...

What pure IBM islands are we ignoring?

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer