From: Norman Walsh [mailto:ndw@nwalsh.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:06 AM
To: XProc Dev
Subject: Re: Sending e-mails from a pipeline...

David Lee <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> There's also the issue of what protocol and/or server/port to use ...
> I suspect were all assuming SMTP ... but there is MAPI and various other
> protocols.  Or perhaps even a specific email *client* (ug) ... like what
> happens in a browser when you click on a mailto link ...  How/where to
> configure these ?

I just moved that into the ~/.calabash configuration file:

  <cc:sendmail host="outbound.mailhop.org" port="2525" username="jdoe"
password="likeidtellyou"/>

SMTP is still the only mail protocol I've ever encountered. Are there
really places that *only* do some other protocol for *sending* mail?

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 413 624 6676