Re: Sending e-mails from a pipeline...

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 07:06:15 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
David Lee <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> There's also the issue of what protocol and/or server/port to use ...
> I suspect were all assuming SMTP ... but there is MAPI and various other
> protocols.  Or perhaps even a specific email *client* (ug) ... like what
> happens in a browser when you click on a mailto link ...  How/where to
> configure these ?

I just moved that into the ~/.calabash configuration file:

  <cc:sendmail host="outbound.mailhop.org" port="2525" username="jdoe" password="likeidtellyou"/>

SMTP is still the only mail protocol I've ever encountered. Are there
really places that *only* do some other protocol for *sending* mail?

Norman Walsh
Lead Engineer
MarkLogic Corporation
Phone: +1 413 624 6676