Re: Default pipeline?

From: David <dlee@calldei.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 10:21:34 -0500
To: "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
CC: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
I doubt Norm is thinking this is something that belongs in the XProc spec.

First off an implementation should recommend a suffix ...
Since xproc pipelines are xml they could be
     .xml

why not ?

But following the XSLT convention maybe
     .xpl
     .xproc
     .xpipeline

I think a lot of people are using .xpl but maybe an implementation
should suggest something ?

Once you decide on the prefered implementation suffix ...
the "default pipeline" might be ...

     xproc.<suffix.>
     pipeline.<suffix>
     standard input ....