Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

From: David A. Lee <dlee@calldei.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 08:14:15 -0400
To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
CC: "'Philippe Poulard'" <philippe.poulard@sophia.inria.fr>, "'Kurt Cagle'" <kurt.cagle@gmail.com>, rjelliffe@allette.com.au, xml-dev@lists.xml.org, "'XProc Dev'" <xproc-dev@w3.org>
Ouch.  If this cant be done in xquery syntax then my goal of
de-serializing an XML representation using a XQuery example
implementation is out the door.

Here's my best shot ...

attribute
   { fn:QName( "U" , "P:N" ) }
   { my:IdType( "S" ) }    (: wont work will it :( :)

Ok I admit I'm totally stumped.  *IS* there a way to re-animate this
example using XQuery (or XSLT?)  ?
I have a feeling that my goal of providing a reference implementation in
XQuery will be impossible.  Not even sure how to get element type
information re-animated.

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com