Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:21:22 +0100
To: dlee@calldei.com
Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org, xproc-dev@w3.org

>    { my:IdType( "S" ) }    (: wont work will it :( :)

> Ok I admit I'm totally stumped.  *IS* there a way to re-animate this
> example using XQuery (or XSLT?)  ?

I don't think you can just assert the type of the attribute. Given a
schema you can of course explictly get xquery or xslt to validate the
node and return a node with a type annotation, so it depends how much
xquery (and how much static context about namespaces and schemas) you
want to allow ...

David