Re: [xml-dev] Serialization of XDM - Use cases / Proposal

From: David A. Lee <dlee@calldei.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 17:07:21 -0400
CC: xml-dev@lists.xml.org, talk@x-query.com, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
I have created a first pass at documenting the problem of XDM
Serialization and created some use cases.
I would love any feedback or comments.  This is on a new wiki I created
for this purpose.  If you would like to comment directly on the wiki
please reply to me and I will give you the invite code (due to the sad
state of affairs anonymous comments and editing are disabled due to
wiki-spam-bots.  I've found spam within 5 minutes of opening a public
wiki ... <sigh> )

http://xml.calldei.com/XDMSerialize

I have NOT included a proposal for a format yet, I'd like to discuss the
intent and use cases first before putting up a straw-man proposal.

Thank you for any contribution !

I've CC'd this to xproc-dev because one of the use cases if for
developers and integrators with XML Pipeline processors such as XProc

David A. Lee
dlee@calldei.com
http://www.calldei.com
http://www.xmlsh.org