Re: Java 1.6?

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM, David A. Lee<dlee@calldei.com> wrote:
> I would not put "apache Ant" as not a 'bellweather' but a "last trailing
> indicator".

isn't that what a bellweather is e.g. very stable, long term, etc ..
anyhow your description is better ;)

> Ant has to *build things* so its very important it runs on the oldest JVM
> reasonably accepted to be in use anywhere.

yes, and if one is n+1 above what Ant requires then its fine with any
software that I deploy on OS ... commercial requirements are another
matter.

> I believe the answer depends on your target audience, as well as the
> maturity/age/penetration of your existing project/program.

xproc being young answers these questions.

ta, Jim Fuller