Re: Java 1.6?

From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 15:58:21 +0200
To: "David A. Lee" <dlee@calldei.com>
Cc: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>, XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:45 PM, David A. Lee<dlee@calldei.com> wrote:
> I would not put "apache Ant" as not a 'bellweather' but a "last trailing
> indicator".

isn't that what a bellweather is e.g. very stable, long term, etc ..
anyhow your description is better ;)

> Ant has to *build things* so its very important it runs on the oldest JVM
> reasonably accepted to be in use anywhere.

yes, and if one is n+1 above what Ant requires then its fine with any
software that I deploy on OS ... commercial requirements are another
matter.

> I believe the answer depends on your target audience, as well as the
> maturity/age/penetration of your existing project/program.

xproc being young answers these questions.

ta, Jim Fuller