RE: Java 1.6?

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:56:55 -0400
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
> Long ago, I abandoned support for Java 1.4.
>
> Is it too early to abandon support for Java 1.5?

I think there are still lot of people/companies using Java 1.5, because
they simply have to: dependencies on other products, policies, ...
Moving to Java 1.6 may cause problems for them. Corporate world has
traditionally been slow in adopting newer Java versions.

I think the right time for dropping Java 1.5 support will be when Java
1.5 becomes sufficiently little used (like Java 1.4 is now). Right now,
I think Java 1.5 is still pretty mainstream.

Regards,
Vojtech