Calumet and relative URIs

From: <Toman_Vojtech@emc.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:02:03 -0400
To: <xproc-dev@w3.org>
(I am changing the subject because to avoid confusion.)

>   I would say the above description is not correct neither, for
> the same reason (well, for a proper definition of "wrong.")  If I
> see Source("../data/doc.xml") in my Java code, I would expect the
> input to be read from my filesystem, not from an HTTP server...

I think you may be right. It actually becomes even more confusing if you
use the command-line interface:

calumet -i source=../data/doc.xml http://foo/pipelines/pipeline.xpl

In the command-line Calumet *does* resolve against the current working
directory. That means that in this case, ../data/doc.xml will be
resolved to something like /path/to/cwd/..data/doc.xml

So now I tend to think the Java API should probably be consistent with
this, if only just to reduce the confusion.

>   Of course, if the pipeline definition itself contains such a
> URI, that's another story...

Then it automatically resolves against the base URI of the contianing
element, which is the base URI of the pipeline in most cases. I think
that in this case, the behavior is clear (and also what we want).

Regards,
Vojtech