Re: fn:collection() URI resolution and base URI in XSLT

From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:26:47 -0500
To: XProc Dev <xproc-dev@w3.org>
"Florent Georges" <fgeorges@fgeorges.org> writes:
>   I can't find in the current WD how the base-URI property (of the
> static context) is initialized for an XSLT stylesheet that is
> lexically within an XProc definition.

I think the answer is that it's the base URI of the p:input element
for the stylesheet port. From

  Base URI
    The base URI of the element on which the expression occurs.

Though I'm not sure that's as clear as it could be.

>   I would like to use fn:collection() in an XSLT stylesheet.  And I
> would like that the URI passed as argument is interpreted relatively
> to the XProc definition document.  So to be sure of the value to pass
> to fn:collection(), I should know how the base-URI is initialized.

FYI: I totally broke Saxon's fn:collection() support in 0.8.4. It'll be
fixed in 0.8.5.

                                        Be seeing you,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | One of the great misfortunes of mankind
http://nwalsh.com/            | is that even his good qualities are