Re: fn:collection() URI resolution and base URI in XSLT

2008/11/2 Norman Walsh wrote:

> I think the answer is that it's the base URI of the p:input element
> for the stylesheet port. From 2.6.2.2:

>  Base URI
>    The base URI of the element on which the expression occurs.

> Though I'm not sure that's as clear as it could be.

  Yes it is, when you have found it :-)

  Although I wonder in the following is accurate (that's the first
line of §2.6.2.2):

    When a step evaluates an XPath expression using XPath 2.0,
    unless otherwise indicated by a particular step, it does so with
    the following static context:

  I would rather say that the static context of such steps is
/initialized/ with those values.  During the evaluation of an XSLT
stylesheet, for instance, the static context change over time.  Two
different XPath expressions in a same stylesheet might be evaluated
with different static contexts.

  So I think that saying "when a step evaluates an XPath [...] it does
so with the following static context" is not true.

> FYI: I totally broke Saxon's fn:collection() support in 0.8.4. It'll be
> fixed in 0.8.5.

  That was indeed why I asked this question ;-)  Great!

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/