Re: xml-add- base and relative

"David A. Lee" <dlee@calldei.com> writes:
> Hence I think the spec needs to be changed to specify that
> resolution is NOT against the parent's base URI but rather against
> the parent's base URI with the final path component removed.

That's the way RFC 2396 defines the process of resolving a relative-path
reference against the current base URI. See, for example, item 6.a in
section 5.2 of RFC 2396.

If we said that too, then you'd lose two path segments...

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> | Everything we love, no doubt, will pass
http://nwalsh.com/            | away, perhaps tomorrow, perhaps a