Re: What is lost if xsd:choice is jettisoned?

On Mar 10, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Andy Davidson wrote:

> Just my 2 cents
>
> I work on a very large project with over 100 engineers building clients and services using Java and ObjC.  Most of these engineers are fairly inexperience and are not experts on xml schema. <choice> is very easy for them to understand, "ref" causes lots of confusion and bugs.
>
> We use choice in our request/response definitions. The response is either a "result" or an "error". Switching our interfaces to work this way has dramatically reduced the number of bugs in our system
>
> Please do not remove <choice>

Don't worry: the chances of choice being removed are zero.

Roger's question is partly of purely theoretical interest, and
partly as potential advice for people who find themselves
dissatisfied with the way schema binding tools handle
choices.

* http://www.blackmesatech.com
* http://cmsmcq.com/mib
* http://balisage.net