RE: When will there be a complete implementation of XML Schema 1.1?

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:32:52 +0100
To: "'Costello, Roger L.'" <costello@mitre.org>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> When will there be a complete implementation of XML Schema 1.1?

No one can claim a complete implementation until there's a Rec. Getting from
Candidate Rec to Rec usually takes a year.

> Michael Kay: when will SAXON fully implement XML Schema 1.1?
> (I certainly appreciate the XSD 1.1 functionality you
> currently have in SAXON. It has greatly accelerated my learning.)

I never predict dates, it's a sure way of failing.

There are parts I haven't investigated at all yet, like how to support
precisionDecimal. I'm still half-hoping it will vanish in a puff of smoke,
though this seems increasingly unlikely.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay