XML XSD Validation

From: Rajeevr <rajeevr@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 08:33:25 -0700 (PDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

I am using Xerces for validating a XML against a XSD. Xsd validation can be
done by two ways: noNamespaceSchemaLocation/schemaLocation.
1
I successfully validated it against XSD by using noNamespaceSchemaLocation
like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dictionary xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	  xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="c:/dictionary.xsd">

2
But I am facing problem in schemaLocation. When I provide schemaLocation
which is well accessible and available in my local machine, Xerces throws
this error: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'dictionary'.
I put dictionary.xsd file under tomcat and started the tomcat server. But

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<dictionary xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
			xsi:schemaLocation="http://localhost:8080/a1/
http://localhost:8080/a1/dictionary.xsd">

XSD File;
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
	<xsd:element name="dictionary" type="dictionaryType"/>
	<xsd:complexType name="dictionaryType">
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element name="word" type="wordType" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>
……………
……………

Someone please help me out to understand the exact problem.

Regards,
Rajeev