XSD versioning ...

From: Dragon Fly <dragon-fly999@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 10:24:18 -0400
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
What is the best way to handle XSD versioning? Let's say I have the following scenario ...

- Version 1 of the XSD is given to a customer.
- The customer writes a parsing program (that performs validation against V1).

3 months later ...

- A new element is added to version 2 of the XSD.
- The new XML files sent to the customer have the new element.
- The new XML files fail validations because version 1 of the XSD does not have the new element.

Is there anything that I can do to plan for this? Thank you.

Itís a talkathon Ė but itís not just talk.
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk